April is a month full of exciting events happening all around the world. From cultural celebrations to sporting events, there is something for everyone to enjoy. Here are some of the most noteworthy events happening in April.
Cherry Blossom Festival – Japan
The Cherry Blossom Festival in Japan is one of the most popular events in the country, attracting thousands of visitors every year. It usually takes place in late March or early April when the cherry blossoms are in full bloom. Visitors can enjoy the stunning pink and white flowers while taking part in traditional Japanese activities such as picnics, tea ceremonies, and hanami parties.
Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival – California, USA
The Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival is an annual music and arts festival that takes place over two weekends in April. It is held in the Colorado Desert of California and features a diverse lineup of musical acts, as well as art installations and sculptures. The festival attracts thousands of music lovers from around the world, making it one of the largest music festivals in the United States.
Songkran – Thailand
Songkran is the traditional Thai New Year festival that takes place from April 13th to April 15th every year. It is a time when people cleanse themselves of their sins and bad luck by splashing water on each other. This fun-filled event is celebrated all over Thailand and is a great way to experience the local culture and traditions.
Easter – Worldwide
Easter is a religious holiday celebrated by Christians worldwide. It usually falls in April and is a time when people attend church services, go on Easter egg hunts, and enjoy special meals with family and friends. The holiday is also associated with the arrival of spring and new beginnings.
Boston Marathon – Massachusetts, USA
The Boston Marathon is one of the oldest and most prestigious marathons in the world. It takes place on the third Monday in April and attracts thousands of runners from all over the world. The marathon course is 26.2 miles long and passes through eight cities and towns in Massachusetts, making it a challenging and exciting event for participants and spectators alike.
Feria de Abril – Seville, Spain
The Feria de Abril, or April Fair, is one of Spain’s biggest and most colorful festivals. It takes place in Seville and features a week-long celebration of music, dancing, food, and drink. The festival is held two weeks after Easter and is a chance for locals and visitors alike to dress up in traditional flamenco attire and enjoy the lively atmosphere.
Cherry Blossom Festival – Bonn, Germany
The Cherry Blossom Festival is a popular event in Bonn, Germany. It celebrates the arrival of spring and the beautiful cherry blossom trees that line the city’s streets. The festival includes traditional Japanese music, food, and drink, as well as cultural performances and exhibitions.
Easter Parade – Rome, Italy
Easter is a big event in Italy, and Rome is no exception. The city hosts a grand Easter parade, featuring colorful floats, marching bands, and traditional costumes. The parade ends with the Pope’s Easter Sunday blessing in St. Peter’s Square.
Holland Tulip Festival – Amsterdam, Netherlands
The Holland Tulip Festival is a must-see event for anyone visiting Amsterdam in April. The festival showcases millions of tulips in full bloom, with colorful displays lining the city’s parks and gardens. Visitors can also take a scenic bike ride through the countryside to see the tulip fields in all their glory.
Paris Marathon – Paris, France
For sports enthusiasts, the Paris Marathon is a great event to attend. It takes place in early April and attracts thousands of runners from all over the world. The race starts and finishes at the famous Arc de Triomphe, and runners get to take in some of the city’s most iconic sights along the way.
London Marathon – London, UK
One of the biggest events of the month is the London Marathon, which takes place on April 23rd. Thousands of runners from around the world will take to the streets of London to run 26.2 miles for charity. Whether you’re a seasoned runner or just looking to cheer on the participants, the London Marathon is a must-see event.
These are just a few of the many exciting events happening in April around the world. Whether you’re a music lover, a sports enthusiast, or simply looking to experience new cultures and traditions, there is something for everyone to enjoy in this exciting month.
Even more dates
- Easter Sunday – April 4th: This Christian holiday celebrates the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- Songkran Festival – April 13th to 15th: Also known as the Thai New Year, Songkran is celebrated with water fights, parades, and religious ceremonies.
- National Pet Day – April 11th: A day to appreciate and celebrate our furry companions.
- Earth Day – April 22nd: A global event to promote environmental awareness and protection.
- International Day of Human Space Flight – April 12th: Commemorates the first human spaceflight by Yuri Gagarin in 1961.
- National Park Week – April 17th to 25th: A week-long celebration of America’s national parks.
- National Library Week – April 4th to 10th: A week to celebrate the contributions of libraries and librarians to society.
- International Dance Day – April 29th: A day to celebrate the universal language of dance and its ability to bring people together.
- Passover – April 15th to 23rd: A Jewish holiday that commemorates the liberation of the Israelites from slavery in ancient Egypt.
- National Arbor Day – April 30th: A day to plant and care for trees.
- Coachella – April 15th to 24th: A music and arts festival held annually in California.
- Boston Marathon – April 18th: One of the world’s oldest and most prestigious marathons.
- King’s Day – April 27th: A Dutch national holiday celebrating the birth of King Willem-Alexander.
- National Volunteer Week – April 18th to 24th: A week to recognize and celebrate the contributions of volunteers.
- Holi – April 10th to 11th: Also known as the “Festival of Colors,” Holi is a Hindu festival celebrating the arrival of spring.
- Anzac Day – April 25th: A national day of remembrance in Australia and New Zealand to honor those who served and died in all wars, conflicts, and peacekeeping operations.
- International Children’s Book Day – April 2nd: A day to promote reading and children’s literature.
- World Health Day – April 7th: A day to raise awareness about global health issues and promote healthy living.
- National Siblings Day – April 10th: A day to appreciate and celebrate the bond between siblings.
- World Creativity and Innovation Day – April 21st: A day to encourage creativity and innovation in all aspects of life.